Saturday, January 09, 2010

When I was a kid...

We've all heard that line start and end any number of ways a million or more times. The ending, "I had to walk uphill (both ways) to get to school," doesn't work for me, but there are others.

"I had to get up to change the channel."
"We only had (insert number) channels on tv."

Tonight I thought of another one because my son was complaining "No, no, no Mommy, please don't make me take that. Why do they have to make all medicine taste so yucky?"

I about laughed. Was he talking about the much sugar- enhanced, grape flavor of cough syrup that's sweeter than candy? Crimeny. When I was a kid, the medicine really tasted bad.

1 comment:

Jenny Chavez said...

Remember taking seudefed (sp?) without water? My son chokes when he needs to swallow pills. I was able to do that when I was like 8 or so. AND remember when Mom would be that nasty syrup stuff that we had to drink???It was NASTY. I agree our kids haven't a clue :)