Friday, December 31, 2010

Gifts

With money we received as Christmas gifts, we purchased a few things for our home.

Two sets of glass pyrex bowls with lids to store leftovers.

They're so lovely all stacked up in the cupboard.



We also bought new silverware from IKEA.  The set we had been using was what we bought when we were first married and now has been depleted enough that the time had come for us to refill our drawer.
It feels nice and solid in the hand, and the knives are sharp!



The last, but not the least, is our new ottoman, also from IKEA.
I heart IKEA


Now I have a place to rest my tootsies while posting blogs (as I'm doing right now), or reading a good book (currently Perelandra by C.S. Lewis),  watching shows on Hulu with my husband, or drinking my morning coffee or afternoon tea (which I'm doing right now - candy cane flavor from Aldi - a gift from the kids), or any combination of the above.

I resemble this position. . . .a lot!

I hope you all have been having a wonderful Christmas time.  We certainly have.  After a lovely Christmas weekend, we thought we would slowly get back into the swing of some school work this week.  But instead, the kids have been playing with other children in the neighborhood, a cousin has come to stay, and we had friends over to play Dominion.  And that isn't all!  We'll celebrate the last night of this year with a Divine Service and then with friends playing games before enjoying fun with another group of friends tomorrow during the day and awaiting the arrival of more family tomorrow night who will stay for a couple of days.

A blessed New Year to you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh. . .it all looks lovely, Glenda!
Are my eyes mistaken, or did you somehow put your name on your pyrex? Do tell! :)

Glenda said...

Good eyes Miss Angie. Yes, I have my name on the two blue-lidded containers. A daughter of a member does engraving as a business. We have been the beneficiaries of several of her wonderful products. Here is her website so you can get something too.

http://www.staceyspans.com/cart/

Melrose said...

I love your ottoman and new silverware! We need new dishes desperately...after 6 years of marriage we now have 8 dinner plates, 2 salad/bread plates, and 6 bowls...down from 12 each. Yay kids huh? :)
Merry Christmas!

all american pressure canner said...

I like your Ikea ottoman. I need one too for my living room and to rest my tired legs. Happy New year to everybody!

Glenda said...

Melrose - we bought a used set of dishes two, or maybe it is three now, winters ago for the same reason. :-)

Thanks Melrose and all american pressure canner, my ottoman is now a bit embarrassed but loving all the attention. ;-)