Sunday, December 20, 2009

Away in a Manger

One of my favorite Christmas decorations is our manger scene.
The wooden stable was a wedding gift from Pastor Stache and his wife. Pr. Stache was the faithful shepherd of our Lord who baptized, catechized, confirmed, and married me. One of his hobbies was woodworking and he enjoyed building these mangers. He had given them as gifts to many people including my parents. It was a great joy to receive one as a wedding gift. They also gave us the figurines.

The linen I bought in Innsbruck, Austria two years ago. I loved so many of the beautiful German linens, but with five children I knew my house is currently not a linen house. But a Christmas linen I thought would work.
The other side says Innsbruck, Austria.

I love the trees, the feel, the lettering, I simply love my linen!
It looks so nice as the table cover for under the manger. This is one of my favorite Christmas decorations!
(Oh and the beautiful Christmas coasters came from Katie and Josh's wedding two (?) three (?) years ago. They were on the tables for all the guests to take home! I love them Katie! They are out all year round!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Glenda!!!

Glenda said...

Thanks Angie!

Katie said...

First of all, I am obsessed with manger scenes. I just love them so much, and yours is so beautiful. I love it!
Second, as soon as I saw your last picture here I recognized the coasters! I'm so glad you enjoy them!! On the 30th of this month we will have been married for two years. :)
Merry Christmas!!

Glenda said...

Thanks Katie! Yes we love the coasters, they are on our tables all year round actually. And you think I would find some other paper to slide in to go with the various seasons, but that just never happens. Maybe this year. :-) Merry Christmas! Enjoy this first one with Caleb!