Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ice Cream Toppings

The kids wanted ice cream with chocolate and/ or caramel on top. I didn't have any, but fortunately Angie had just written this. So I made it and the kids loved it.

 

 
At the same time, I made a caramel topping I found when I googled. I chose one from Food.com entitled, "Kittencal's Easy Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping.
 
 
It is really good. It is runnier than a squeeze bottle from the store, but it tastes oh so much better. And why wouldn't it with real ingredients like butter, brown sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla?

Here's how to make it so you can enjoy it yourself, I mean, your kids can enjoy it.

In a saucepan melt 1/2 cup butter.

Add 1 cup brown sugar and whisk until combined and thickened, about two minutes.

Whisk in 2/3 cup whipping cream until thoroughly combined, about two more minutes.

Mix in 1 teaspoon vanilla.

 

Isn't that easy? The note on the recipe says it will thicken more when refrigerated, but mine didn't. But it doesn't matter, it tastes so yummy, we haven't minded that it is more liquid in form.

Enjoy!

 

No comments: