Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dancing With The Stars, A rant

We've watched this show each season and have enjoyed it each time. There are always stars whom we think we won't like and end up really getting a good impression of their personality. Stars like Jerry Springer, Emmit Smith, and this year, Marc Cuban. We have our favorite dances and dance professionals and we love the host Tom Bergeron. We have lots of discussions with the children about the appropriateness of clothing.Last night, wasn't so much of a discussion as a rant and warning.

The co-host, Samantha Harris, had her first baby, a girl, on September 23rd. Drew Lachey, a former Dancing with the Stars champion, had been filling in as host for her. Last night she was back. I told my family, that is awful, she has a little baby not even a month old at home and she should be home feeding that baby and taking care of it. Then I told my girls if they do that, I'm coming to their home and kicking them in the rear and taking the baby. One daughter responded, "Okay, I'll wait till the baby is more like 5 months." David jumped in then and said, "No you won't. If you have a baby, you stay home and raise it. Don't send it off to someone else to raise."

Babies, toddlers, school children need their mommies at home, caring for them and their daddies at work providing for them. This is the right thing to do, even though it isn't always the easy thing to do. And the older I get, the less sympathy I have for the various, "exceptions."

No comments: