Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Saturday, Feb. 17 - I and 4 others cleaned part of the Sunday School rooms all morning. I mainly worked in the two bathrooms - ugh I couldn't believe how dirty they were. It all smelled nice for Sunday School the next day. :-)

Sunday, Feb. 18 - After Divine Service, I sat on the couch and watched the NASCAR preview and then the Daytona 500. What a great race. I was sickened when Tony wrecked. And then we had to leave for a family fun swimming event. We listened to the race in the car and I watched the end at the community center, I was sickened that Mark Martin missed winning by a nose. We spent two hours swimming in a nice heated room, with about 30 other members of church. What fun.

Monday, Feb. 19 - Dh doesn't get the day off - two hospital visits to make. I don't get the day off either. I made a batch of buns and then ladies came over that afternoon to make Chrismons. We're meeting about once/month to make new Chrismons for the church tree. Most will be beads, we have fun, and are definitely challenged! That night, I attend my deep-water workout while the two oldest are at swim club practice.

Today - Feb. 20 - I really need to get a lot done as I am one of the hosts for the Ash Wednesday soup supper. So, I set to work and actually got a lot done. I boiled two chickens which left me with 36 cups of broth and 10 cups of meat - I need 39 cups of broth and 6 cups of meat for my soup. I baked 6 dozen Molasses Spice Cookies and 9 dozen Snickerdoodle cookies. I did all the dishes that entailed and the girls helped by washing, drying, and folding about 4 or 5 loads of laundry.

I didn't get the homemade noodles done. I would have liked to had those for my soup (chicken noodle) tomorrow, but it ain't gonna happen anymore. Tomorrow, I'll get up and bake another batch of buns, fix the soup, fix the meals, do more laundry, bathe the kids, and set-up for the soup supper and prepare for the Divine Service tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

The Hen (Charity) said...

I just realized that you have started blogging. I look forward to reading more.