Friday, January 08, 2016

52

I have decided to arrange my book challenge for 2016 different from past years. Having really enjoyed my Year of the Re-Read, I knew I wanted to add other books to that list for this year, and instead of listing books I plan to read or sign-up for any specific challenges, I am simply picking a number.

52, on average one per week. Since that is the number I read in 2015, I know it is doable. If it is more, than I'll be thrilled!

Here are what I have on my list so far.

Re-Read:
Vince Flynn novels: 13 total
C.S. Lewis - The Space Trilogy
Why We Get Fat - Gary Taubes
Little Women - Louisa May Alcott

Friends (mainly my kids):
Mysterious Benedict Society books
Silmarillion
The Book Thief
Gregor the Overlander

New:
Vince Flynn's latest, which was my Christmas gift from the children
Katie Shcuermann, "House of Living Stones" and "The Choir Immortal"
Maeve Binchy: "Mindy Frankie," "Full House," "Echoes"
Jane Austin: as many of the following as strikes my fancy this year: "Mansfield Park," "Northanger Abbey," "Persuasion," "Lady Susan"
C. S. Lewis: "Till We Have Faces"


There will be book club books picked for me as well. The first will be Virginia Woolfe's "Mrs. Dalloway."

Already I'm reading "Ten Ways to Destroy the Imagination of Your Child" by Anthony Esolen which is part of my responsibility as a board member liaison on the Curriculum and Instruction Committee for Wittenberg Academy.

I purposefully did not make a whole list of 52 books. It is my hope that having freedom to pick things amongst the ones I need to read will help me keep interest in reading and not only reach but exceed my goal of 52 in 2016.

No comments: