Monday, December 22, 2014

Friends Give Lists of Good Books for Friends to Enjoy

Yes, 2015 is the Year of the Re-Read. But since there are so many books I haven't read, I'm going to accept Jane's challenge once again this year.



I've collected many recommendations from various friends and added them to my Goodreads list. For the past two years of this challenge, I've done the full ten books. Since it really is the only challenge I've ever done, it has been easy. But this year, I've challenged myself to re-read all sorts of books. Will I have the time to do the full ten this year? I don't know, but I'm willing to try.

The 10 books recommended from friends.

1. The Wreath (Kristin Lavransdatter, #1) by Sigrid Undset
2. The Wife (Kristin Lavransdatter, #2) by Sigrid Undset
3. The Cross (Kristin Lavransdatter, #3) by Sigrid Undset
4. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R. R. Martin
5. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
6. Sarum: The Novel of England by Edward Rutherford
7. The Pillars of the Earth (The Pillars of the Earth, #1) by Ken Follett
8. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
9. Faith, Hope, and Ivy June by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
10. Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune by Bill Dedman and Paul Clark Newell Jr.

Alternates:
1. The Tenant of Wldfell Hall by Anne Brontë
2. The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco and William Weaver
3. In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Turnham and Dean Merill
4. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
5.Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell, #1) by Hilary Mantel

1 comment:

Jane said...

The Kristin Lavransdatter books are wonderful, and Sarum is probably my favorite Rutherfurd book. I may need to revisit that one this year.