Monday, March 03, 2014

The Lord is My Shepherd

Just before my mother-in-law died, another member of our congregation was called home to Jesus.  Her son used part of his mother's memorial money for this:


This is the door that is just to the right of the chancel and leads to the sacristy.

The door is immediately to the right of the pulpit

This door originally was solid wood.  At some point that section was removed, apparently for the organist as this is where the organ used to be.  However, the eleven years we have been here and I'm not certain how long prior, the open section was simply covered with a dark cloth that would often flap in the wind.

Charlie had this beautiful glass etched with the scene of Jesus the Good Shepherd installed into this door.
To the glory of God, in memory of Irene


It is a beautiful addition and is a wonderful reminder that I am Jesus' little lamb who shall not want for He guides me through this valley of shadow and death, and feeds me from the table He has prepared for me.  Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments: