Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chicken

I took chicken breasts out of the freezer last night before I went to bed.  This morning I went looking for a new recipe from Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes website because I was tired of my old stand-by recipes.

As I was looking through the list of chicken recipes, Nathan looking over my shoulder, said, "Oh, pizza chicken, that sounds good!"

When we looked at the recipe, I decided to try it for lunch.  But I didn't follow the recipe exactly.  I changed it here and there, thinking of the chicken bacon ranch pizza we all love.  Everyone gave it rave reviews at lunch.

First I cut the gigantic chicken breasts I bought from Sam's Club in half and laid them on a foil-lined baking sheet.  I seasoned both sides with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.  Next, I added ranch dressing and spread over the breast.  I topped it with diced green peppers, mushrooms, deli ham, and onion.

There were only five of us eating lunch, so two chicken breasts cut in half were plenty.


I baked these in a 400 degree oven for thirty minutes.  I took them out and sprinkled shredded mozzarella cheese on top.  They baked for another 10-15 minutes.


This really was good.  The chicken was moist, nicely seasoned, and the vegetables gave great flavor and texture.  The ranch dressing melted off more than I would have liked, but this will definitely be a chicken recipe I add to the rotation!  I will probably even try the actual recipe next time with pizza sauce and pepperoni.  Try it sometime, I think you'll like it!

No comments: