Monday, May 20, 2013

Breaking the Law

I have learned that Newton's First Law applies to me.


I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

If I sit and read, I just want to continue sitting and reading.

If I do the dishes that don't fit into the dishwasher after supper instead of waiting to do them in the morning, I want to continue to do that and keep the counters clean.

If I sit and read Facebook and email and blogs, I want to continue.

If I start raking the pile of leaves that was built last fall for jumping and was left all winter, I want to continue until it is all done and cleaned.

If I start the landscaping project(s), I want to keep going till it is done.

If I (and by that I mean David and I) paint one room, I think about the next room(s) I want to paint.

If I stay home day in and day out, I don't usually want to go anywhere.

If I go here and there, I think about the next place I can go.


But you know where that law doesn't work as easily?
Daily reading the Bible and praying.  That one I have to fight my apathetic self over and over and over again.


1 comment:

Susan said...

BRILLIANT.