Thursday, September 06, 2012

Grant Ruth Peace At the Last

Ruth just posted the following this evening:
Hello Everyone! I have been completely overwhelmed (in a good way!) by your kind comments, your encouragements, your personal messages, and by the words of our God that comfort me and remind me of his goodness every day. Thank you so much! I am home now from the hospital and I'm getting pretty much all of my medicines and food through IV now. With the help of Hospice, I should be able to spend the end right here at home. God is so good!
 "Abide with us, Lord, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent.  Abide with us and with Your whole Church.  Abide with us at the end of the day, at the end of our life, at the end of the world.  Abide with us with Your grace and goodness, with Your holy Word and Sacrament, with Your strength and blessing. Abide with us when the night of affliction and temptation comes upon us, the night when death draws near.  Abide with us and with all the faithful, now and forever." (prayer from Compline)

No comments: