Thursday, January 19, 2012

Disposal Wins

Christmas weekend, I think it might have even been Christmas Eve day, I was doing dishes.  I let out the plug to drain the water, turned on the disposal switch, heard clanking, turned off the disposal, and searched for what was causing the sound.

I wasn't happy when I found this inside:


Yep the beautiful ring David gave me for our 10th anniversary isn't so beautiful anymore.  I didn't even feel it come off my finger.  Boo Hoo.

So that the same thing doesn't happen to my wedding ring, I took it in to the shop and they are resizing it down for me.  And one day, David promised he'll get my anniversary ring fixed as well.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Well, my heart just sunk in my chest...how beautiful he gave that to you as a gift...and how sad sad sad. I do hope that one day it can return to its former glory.

Cheryl said...

Oh, dear, so sorry. Reminds me of a story I read in World magazine not long ago. A woman lost her wedding ring and it was gone for 16 years. Then one day she pulled up a carrot from her garden and there her ring was, encircling the carrot. She thinks it fell off into her compost and then ended up in the garden.

Again, so sorry about this!

Melanie T. said...

Oh, Glenda! I'm so sorry. That ring was so beautiful. I hope you can have it repaired sooner rather than later.

:'(

Melanie