Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Hops Hobby for Hubby

My husband used to brew beer when we lived in another state.  Then we moved here and it seemed like life got in the way of his hobby, although he tried a time or two over the past eight years.  One time the taste wasn't the greatest, although it was perfect to cook with, and another time, just last year, the yeast was a bit too active and exploded the top off the five gallon primary fermenter.

Life hasn't gotten any slower, if anything it seems to have gotten busier.  Most likely just because of the extra business, David wanted to try brewing again.  I was glad to help.  So a week ago we brewed a batch of Dunkelweizen, and put it into the the primary fermenter.  This time we put it into a glass carboy with a tube fitted for the blow-off to prevent last year's mess and heartache.

Last night we moved the brew into the secondary fermenter.


And in about a week we'll bottle it where it will sit for a few weeks before we enjoy our labors.  I'm quite happy to help my hubby with this hops hobby.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glenda, there is something very interesting about that picture. I don't know why but I keep seeing motion in it! I don't know if it's the vantage point or lighting or if it's just a particularly high quality, vivid photo but I keep thinking I see your hubby moving and that beer flowing through the tube. In fact, that picture is so lifelike I can almost smell your brew and imagine myself right there looking on as you pour me a nice, tall, frosty mug . . . . And I'm not even a big beer fan!

Anonymous said...

happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby happy helping hubby's hops hobby...