Friday, October 28, 2011

Scatterbrains

I have a real bad case of this lately.  That and needing to "do something different."  It is not necessarily a good thing to have the commander of the household be so flighty, the soldiers seem to follow suit, which adds to the commander's flustering feelings of getting nothing done, which leads to more scatterbrain decisions, and so forth.

I'm currently living a Laura Numeroff plot.  As much as I enjoy reading those books to my children, I'm not enjoying living out the fiction in reality.

I do know how to stop this merry-go-round, and I really should take that trail, to stop the madness, to once more oversee a well-run (that is always in the eye of the beholder) home.  I think I will try today to curb the current chaos for some semblance of control and emulate better behavior towards the troops in my command.

Wish me luck.

Now I wonder what is happening in the blog world this morning.  Oh wait - I want to do some more editing in photoshop.  But first I should call my sister-in-law and see how she is recovering from surgery and touch base about Trick-or-Treating.

I need to do some laundry.

Where is the child who is suppose to load and unload the dishwasher? Oh, I better answer that email before I forget.  I'll do that after I finish a chapter in my book.  Which reminds me to read to the youngest more about space.  I wonder if there is a decent documentary on Netflix we could watch. . . .

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your post reminded me of this one I wrote--I can't quite believe it--almost exactly four years ago.

http://roundunvarnishedtale.blogspot.com/2007/10/do-you-have-aaadd.html

Raggedy Sue said...

I thought I was the only one who had "If you give a mouse a cookie" days?!
I also have "Howard Jones" Days - Things Can Only Get Better. Corny, I know.