Friday, June 03, 2011

Whew

I don't know how life can get any busier, but it sure seems to without me noticing that I'm meeting myself coming and a going.

It is graduation season which means in our neck of the woods, graduation open houses.  We've been to two already with three more I think in the upcoming weekends.  It is nice to not have to cook for those meals.  And this year we've been lucky that the ones we've been invited to are all on different days.

Music lessons are winding down.  Hannah will have her violin recital tomorrow and that will mean the end until summer is over and fall begins.  With the high gas prices, we decided it best to take a break from running here and there each week for lessons.  Practice will still be encouraged though.

Tonight is the first of the summer small town parades.  Oh goodie, lots of "parade candy"  which means various colors of tootsie rolls.

I've been hosting Angie and family since Wednesday as they're here visiting relatives.  We're their B&B and we sure enjoy having them here.  They'll have to head back to their home on Sunday.  We love being a B&B for friends, so feel free to ask me.

VBS begins on Sunday night which means I have to start looking at the lessons as I'm one of the teachers this year.

My husband took me shopping last week for new clothes.  It was the first time in a long time that I can remember enjoying the experience.  I had fun trying on the clothes he picked out for me.  I was smiling, and there were no tears.  I might even try it again.

I had a call from a friend's son about knives.  I hope I didn't scare him when I couldn't answer his question.  I simply shared with him what I knew.  I hope he was able to make a decision after the phone call.  I was a little bit flattered that he thought to call me when he couldn't reach his mom.  I'm glad to help him any way I can.

It suddenly turned hot here, and the kids talked me into taking them to the pool on Wednesday.  We only were able to go for about an hour, but we were the only ones there so it was super nice.  Now that the general school population is out we'll have lots of company next time we go.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you so much, Glenda!

Cheryl said...

I am amazed that you could go shopping for clothes with your husband! I can't even go shopping for clothes with a girlfriend! (Window-shopping, yes, real shopping, no.)