Monday, June 13, 2011

VBS Float

Our small town has their annual celebration the second weekend of June.  Each year a parade is enjoyed on Sunday afternoon.  For as long as we've lived here and I don't know how many years prior, our church has held its VBS the week prior and the older class (4th-6th grades) make a float for the parade during their craft time.

This year, Mindy helped Pastor (aka my hubby) with the float idea and then helped lead the children in creating it.  The theme was River of Life and a paper mache tree idea was founded.  Angie and family were here the first two nights, so they helped tear all the paper needed to create the tree.  I promised I'd take pictures of the completed project, for them to see.

Here are pictures as they're putting it all together on Sunday noon before leaving for the parade:





Here are a couple of pictures of the children who were able to ride the float in the parade and throw out candy to the kids (and adults) along the route.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that looks like a tree! The float turned out great; thanks so much for humoring me with a picture. :)

Erin said...

Very neat idea! I love it!