Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Love Story - Who Can Say if it is True?

On our vacation last week, as usual, I read aloud to the family while David was driving to our destination(s).  First, I finished the last chapters of Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone.  This is the second time I've read this aloud.  But before I started the second Harry Potter, I read one for our history study.

This is a very good book and gave great insight to Arabian culture.  My kids were able to tell right away that C.S. Lewis used his knowledge of these stories in his portrayal of the Calormens in The Horse and His Boy.  They liked some stories such as "The Everlasting Shoes," and disliked others, like "The Keys of Destiny."  But we all enjoyed this love story and the stories and now reference various characters in our daily talk with one another.  If you haven't read this, consider picking it up at the library or at Amazon or wherever you like to buy books.

No comments: