Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reward - Movie Day

We set homeschooling goals for the month of March and met them! Woo Hoo! We learned a thing or two. Woo Hoo! Yesterday, we celebrated with our reward: going to see Percy Jackson and The Lightening Thief in the theatre.


Only my oldest daughter had read the book and that just this last week. We all thought the movie pretty good. Our daughter filled us in on what was different (basically everything) and said she liked some parts of the book better and some parts of the movie better.

We picked this movie because it goes right along with this year's study of history and the kids knew who all the gods and goddesses were. There were some scary scenes with mythical creatures and my youngest wanted to sit on my lap for part and the second youngest held her big sister's hand and closed her eyes through some parts. Some of the dialog I thought was less than stellar, but overall I think we all enjoyed it enough we wouldn't mind seeing it again.

We have goals set for the month of April, I'll let you know next month how we did and what treat we were able to enjoy if we met them.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Congratulations on meeting your goals!

I am having the hardest time here. I thought that the warmer weather and sunshine would thaw my lethargy, but I can not shake it! I should set some goals. Something. Anything.