Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This is good!


Thanks to my friend Susan's recipe, we enjoyed fried egg roll guts for lunch today. David and I liked it, one child asked for seconds, two children ate what was given and said it was okay, and two children didn't really want to eat it. It'll be made again though, so those last two will have a chance to grow into liking it.

I added a whole pound of pork sausage (already fried) and I think I would prefer instead, either left over pork, or chicken, or even mini shrimp! The sausage seasoning didn't enhance the flavor quite right.

It was super easy to make, I shredded the cabbage and the carrots, but cut up the onions. We also made homemade sweet and sour sauce to drizzle over the top. From start to on the table it took me about 30 minutes, although I did have a couple of daughters who were peeling carrots, and making the sauce for me. We added a fruit salad and buttered crackers and enjoyed a nice dinner! Thanks Susan!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Chicken is very good in it. But a can of mini-shrimp is awesome!

Cheryl said...

Glenda, I made it for supper last night. I used a whole tube of breakfast sausage but not pre-cooked. Started frying it then added the onion and cabbage. I used a bag of slaw mix instead of chopping myself. :-) Everyone LOVED it! Dh had the idea of trying it with shrimp.

Erin said...

I will often serve something just like this with Chinese pancakes (or tortillas) and hoisin or plum sauce. I guess it would be something like Moo Shu Pork? It is one of our families favorite meals.