Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Home is a wonderful place

After a two week vacation, we were all glad to sleep in our own beds.

First to my mom's in Indiana for a couple of days, then out to Washington D.C. for a week.  We stayed with Jenn and family, worshipped at Immanuel, walked all over the city, visiting nearly everything.  Last Thursday we began our trip back home, stopping to stay with friends in Frederick and tour Gettysburg, then Saturday night found us in Elkhart, IN.  We worshipped on Sunday at Emmaus, enjoyed meeting Bishop Obare who was also there that morning with his wife, son and daughter-in-law.  Spent some lovely time visiting with the Stuckwisch's, before driving to Illinois and staying overnight with my brother-in-law and family.

That was the quick run down.  I'll eventually download my pictures and share more details.  But now I have to schedule an oil change, doctor children with sore throats, find someone to fix the washing machine, make bread, continue to school the children, and many other things.

3 comments:

Dakotapam said...

Welcome Back!

Karen said...

You should have let me know you were in Elkhart, I was only 65 minutes away! We could have caught up with each other again.

I'm really glad that you had a wonderful time. Isn't home grand!

Erin said...

Glenda,
(sniff, sniff) We miss you! Write soon!