Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new

I'm busy making chicken broth, spaghetti squash, brine for a turkey, overnight french toast, and chili. You know being the domestic goddess that I am. Bwahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahah!

That was funny, I must be delirious from running around trying to get everything done before my brother-in-law, his wife and their four children arrive this afternoon for a couple of days visit.

Since I'm always doing things I shouldn't, here I sit, typing a blog post for all of you, my cyber-friends. You know being the compassionate, caring goddess that I am. Bwaahahahahahah! Hahahahahahah!

Really, it might be five o'clock somewhere, but I'm not starting till after the divine service this evening.

I think I need a nap.

I want to wish all of you a happy, healthy new year. Thanks for being around, reading my ramblings, and commenting every now and then making me think I'm a terrific writer.

I also wanted to point you to Dave Barry's end of year review column. It is so funny, I printed it off last night and read it to David. We had tears in our eyes during parts. We so enjoy Dave Barry's humor - he is a funny man. So, go here and read his article. It is long, but well worth it.
(ht to Father Hollywood).

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Kristi Heinz said...

I have so enjoyed your blogs. You make me ambitious. You really do. Sometimes I think I need to cook as much as you, even though we only have three mouths to feed
:0) Sometime you will have to come for a visit so I have a reason to REALLY cook!

I hope your 2009 is a great one!

Kristi Heinz said...

I have so enjoyed your blogs. You make me ambitious. You really do. Sometimes I think I need to cook as much as you, even though we only have three mouths to feed
:0) Sometime you will have to come for a visit so I have a reason to REALLY cook!

I hope your 2009 is a great one!

Lisa said...

We had some fun on New Years too with cooking. We had friends sleep over. I made ribs and a bunch of other stuff. Then made an egg casserole thing for breakfast. They really enjoyed both.
Lisa
www.houseofmanyblessings.blogspot.com