Thursday, September 04, 2008

Schedules

Two things I wanted to do to make this school year easier was 1. once more do weekly menu planning and 2. have a decent schedule of what child is doing what, when, and where.

For the past two weeks I have been successful in the weekly menu planning. Wow, it really is nice for me to have that all thought out. To know what I'm fixing, what has to be defrosted when is an ease to my mind. Plus this last week when I knew that I couldn't get to the grocery until this afternoon, it didn't matter. All the meals where planned and I had every thing I needed. Sure we might be out of a lot of things, but we still ate and ate well. It is nice to think that forcing myself to do weekly menu planning, helps me use up what we have, lower our grocery bill, and helps me to see how we're doing eating fruits and veggies.

Finally on Monday, I was able to come up with a school schedule. Last year I had to make a new schedule for each day (our school week is Tuesday - Saturday) due to various music lessons. This year is no different. Plus with 5 kids now needing my attention, I was quite afraid how I would fit it all in. Well, two days down and so far so good. Yes it is crazy and I'm busy from 7:30am until 4 or 5 pm, but I think we can make this work.

Nathan and Abby thought it was neat that I printed off schedules for them so they know what they are to do when. They especially like that now they know when they have play time available. For two days at least, they have complained little when I call them for a lesson.

Hannah spends almost two - two and a half hours working independently in the mornings, which frees me to help with all the rest. Ellie, is helping me out by rotating laundry or starting some of the meals as I'm teaching someone else and her lesson is finished. And Sam, thinks it is so cool that Mommy spends an hour with him all by himself. We read a story (sort of Five in A Row) and practice letters and counting.

I'm hoping this will be our best school year yet.

Now - stop your laughing!!!

1 comment:

AmusedMomma said...

No laughing! You go girl!