Wednesday, August 06, 2008

When there is time to myself....

...I can get a lot done!

  • I've scrapped ten 2-page spreads on our Germany trip with still time to complete more.
  • I cleaned my sewing desk so that I could do the scrapping.
  • I finished organizing the school room.
  • I organized my homeschool papers into one three-ring binder. Now I no longer will be searching in several different places for what I need.
  • I spent most of the day today at church helping other ladies on the finishing touches of our church cookbook.
But unfortunately the flip side of this coin is that I still have a lot to do!
  • I need to make lots of different foods for the weekend activities (my in-laws 45th wedding anniversary) and next week's company.
  • I need to pack for the trip.
  • I need to do some cleaning.
  • There is still laundry.
  • I need to go pick up my kids tomorrow evening and do some grocery shopping.
  • And more things that I'm sure I'm forgetting.
But the kids are having fun. They are playing games, sleeping in tents, staying up way late, enjoying their friends, and playing on a fire truck:
Back row: Ellie, Luke
Front row: Sarah, Hannah, Grace, Samuel, Abby, Rachel, Samuel, Nathan

No, the kids didn't do anything to cause alarm. The fire department was making rounds requesting donations for their annual fundraising dance and let the kids climb all over. Steve (Melanie's wonderful husband) got the kids to pose for a picture.

3 comments:

Laura said...

What a great picture! I can't believe how big Melanie's kids are getting...Samuel and Sarah have changed so much....we think we saw them 3 years ago! (Boy, it doesn't seem that long at all!) What a great treat for all of you! What a great friend to take them all...although I know a house full of children is a great joy, too!

Laura

Michelle said...

First of all - I'm very envious of your scrapbook pages getting done! I just purchase some more CM paper packs and would love to dive in and use them.... and here I sit on the computer...

Second - that is a great picture! It looks like all the kids are having a wonderful time! That's awesome!

Jane said...

I'm scrapping this weekend for the first time in months. I'm also going to have a week without boys at the end of the month. I have so much to do!