Saturday, June 14, 2008

O God, My Faithful God

This hymn (LSB 696) is the Hymn for the Day this coming Sunday and therefore the hymn we are trying to learn by heart through this week's Congregation at Prayer. Pastor chose vs 1 and 4 for the goal of learning by heart. I'm really enjoying verse 4:

Lord, let me win my foes
With kindly words and actions,
And let me find good friends
For counsel and correction.
Help me, as You have taught,
To love both great and small
And by Your Spirit's might
To live in peace with all.

Those lines "and let me find good friends for counsel and correction" struck home this time more than ever. I think of all you who do this for me and I thank God for giving me you. Dear friends, know I'm thinking and praying for you more this week than normal.

No comments: