Monday, April 21, 2008

New Blogs Linked

I want to point you to a couple of new blogs I have linked on the side bar. Check them out if you haven't already.

Under Loopers is Ranch Wife. A ranch wife and homeschool mommy, I'm so excited Wendy is blogging and I get to live vicariously through her. One day I will go see her on her ranch and experience those big skies, but till then, I'll be sure to visit daily via her blog.

Under Lutheran Sites I visit are:
1. The Concordian Sisters. Lovely ladies who write beautifully on motherhood with all the ups and downs and in-betweens. What is nice for me is that in reading their posts, I can remember all those same thoughts, fears, joys, and worries that go through a mother's mind when pregnant, or just after birth of a child, or when the toddlers seem to run everywhere but the right place. And then I realize that mine are now older and I did make it through (and so have the children). So even though today's society is more mobile and we don't have generations living together anymore to comfort each other and help each other and simply to let each person on life's journey see the various stages while yet in a different stage, through blogging we can. What wisdom I have gained from these mothers and also from the mothers who are further on life's journey of raising children. Perspective is a good and valuable thing, not just for those who need to know that this stage will come to an end, but also for those beyond a particular stage to remember those worries and comfort and guide those going through it now.

2. Blogosphere Underground by Pr. Cwrila. I enjoy the witty writing of Pr. Cwrila and as he talks about the Issues Etc. cancellation, the insight and humor are a good thing.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the shout out, Glenda. We're glad you're our friend. :)

Wendi said...

Glenda,
Thank you for linking to my blog. You know you are most welcome to come and visit the ranch in real life!! I just added your blog to my links as well.