Thursday, November 15, 2007

Here is where I was for 10 days:

Yep, you guessed it, Germany. This picture is of David and I, Paul, and Lori, and Mark and Beth in front of the castle church doors in Wittenberg. This is a door in the same place where Martin Luther nailed the 95 thesis. The original door was wooden and burned in a fire. The current door is made of metal and the 95 thesis are written in Latin upon it.


We had a wonderful time touring the Luther lands and also some "tourist" towns in Bavaria, with a half-day trip to Innsbruck, Austria. David, Paul, and Mark, all brothers who also happen to be pastors, put the tour together and there were 44 others who joined us, some from their congregations and some family members.

Here is a picture of the family members who came. Gloria, a cousin, is sitting in the back right. Next to her is Mary, the oldest sibling to Mark, David and Paul. (The youngest sibling, Matt was unable to come with us). In the front on the right is Roxanne and her husband, Terry, is sitting across from her. She is another cousin. You can't see David's face, it should be right beside mine, but is hand is right there holding onto his brew. This was our last night in Germany. We all went out for supper at the Augustiner Brewery in Munich. As you can see, we enjoyed ourselves.

I'll post more pictures and stories as the days progress. Right now I'm trying to catch up on life. After arriving back in the states late on Sunday night, the 35 people who flew from our state all were without luggage. Monday morning, I left to drive 11 hours to pick up my kids from my mom's. Tuesday morning, I left mom's to drive back home. David had the unenviable job of trying to deal with the lost luggage and catching up on work. Delta promised that all of our bags would be delivered via UPS to each home between 12 and 2pm on Tuesday. Every one's were except one of our bags and two other people's. David finally drove back to the airport after his 7 pm Tuesday evening meeting and picked it up. I don't think we'll ever fly Delta again, if given a choice. The people at the airport where helpful, but the inefficiency of everyone else put a big damper on our wonderful trip.

Now I have to figure out how to sort and edit in my new Adobe Photoshop program the 200+ pictures we took. I had hoped to do that on Monday, but instead when I didn't have luggage to do the laundry, I decided to drive to Mom's to get the kids instead of waiting two days to meet her half way. Oh well, it will get done sometime. Right?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Welcome home! BTW, I tagged you while you were gone!