Friday, October 26, 2007

Thinking Blogger

I'm finally getting around to this. Me nominated me as a thinking blogger. Now I must admit that at first I was pretty flattered, because I also have to admit that I was a bit discouraged and downtrodden when this award was making its way through the ranks of blogs I read way back when and no one ever mentioned me. What?! I don't make people think?! With all my witty, great, in-depth, insightful musings on my life?! Amazing! But I got over myself and moved on, knowing my place in the blogosphere. Then wham, here I am with the award dropped into my lap.

After being passed over before, I realized I'm not a thinker, I'm a doer, and then usually have to live with the various consequences that arise due to my not-thinking before hand. (Yes I'm a woman and have to live with the emotional craziness that means.)

I'm not smart enough to make my readers think about the world or life. I don't even know how to do that for myself. The Elephant's Child is good at that. She writes posts not just about this country's problems but other countries problems too! Wow. And I didn't even know her blog name was the name of a Rudyard Kipling story until last week when I happened to open a library book the kids brought home and saw the story in there and read it. I just figured it was a clever way to point out she grew up in Africa. Dumb me. Her brother's name is from the same story. How cool is that?

I'm not smart enough to know the hymns by heart that Susan does. I'm always thankful there is a hymnal to follow along with. She is also very smart when it comes to all sorts of other things. One can really learn a lot from her, I know I do.

I'm not smart enough to know English like Cheryl. Heck I can't even follow along when she is explaining something. She must cringe when she reads this blog. I'm sorry Cheryl. I always use to think I was smart in English, but like everything else I'm realizing how dumb I really am and how much torture it must be to read my writing.

Then there is Kim, whom I learn a lot from. I am completely amazed at how she manages to live and figure out solutions to hard problems like no electricity or water or whatever. She is a strong woman!

All the rest of my Lutheran Friends and Family Blogs listed on the right make me think. Every one of them. But who am I to only nominate 5 of them like the rules say:

Rules are--

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the Thinking Blogger Award with a link to the post that you wrote.

Plus some of the other blogs I read, why would they care that I nominate them for a thinking blogger? I doubt they even know I exist. So I'm going to break the rules. I've been trying to search and see who has the thinking blogger award and who hasn't but, well, I keep forgetting. So I nominate all you Loopers who haven't been nominated before. You are my thinking bloggers. I love reading about your lives and times. By the way, if your a looper whom (or would that be who Scott?) I haven't linked too in the sidebar, let me know! My blog is tending to get dusty around the edges and needs a good cleaning, but well, I keep forgetting. :-)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Mumme Mom,
Thank you for the kind mention--I am totally touched and flattered. And ditto to what you said about Elephantschild's knowledge and Susan's understanding of hymns and theology--they (and many others) blow me away, too.

We all have our strong (and weak) points! Isn't it great we can learn from each other?