Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hysterical Schedule

My husband loves to point out that the Greek word for womb also is the base word for hysteria - not funny, but crazy. The poor man, he must really love me, because I've really put him through some crazy emotional roller coaster rides. Like last week....

On Monday morning at 7:20am I'm awake and talking to him about all that we should accomplish that day. This is *me* the one who loves, loves, loves to sleep in, especially on his day off. But we get up and accomplish quite a bit that day. By night, the roller coaster has zoomed to the bottom, and I'm in a not so nice mood.

That mood generally stays near the bottom as the roller coaster is zooming this way and that, up and down small hills and twisting and turning. I am getting school-stuff done, as the coaster progress (thanks to the schedule), but laundry and dishes are piling.

By Friday, I tell my dear man, that I'm trying to see how long I can go before I have to wash a pot. He replies, "Good, tell me how it turns out." See how clever he has become the last 14 years? He won't even let himself be pulled into a response where I might use it against him!

Finally the roller coaster is coming to a halt and Saturday while, grilling supper (every other dish was dirty, I had to cook on the grill), I took the time and finished the dishes. If the children hadn't been in charge of loading/unloading the dishwasher, and that I had bought lunch meat for sandwiches which we could use paper plates, I would have had to break long before in order to have something to eat our meals on and with.

Oh how nice the kitchen looked. I really love a clean kitchen, especially the sink. If the kitchen is clean, I'm generally happy. So why don't I keep it that way all the time? Why don't I do the dishes after each meal, or at least once a day?



Because I'm a woman, full of hysteria. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :-)

2 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

I am shocked and appalled! : )

Laura said...

Glenda,

You must call upon the children...they are the answer to all this madness. They can do it...now I must get Ben who has locked himself in a room.

Laura