Tuesday, August 28, 2007

4,100 Pages

That is the number of pages I have read aloud to my family in the last 13 months. Those pages represent all 7 of the Harry Potter books. We finished The Deathly Hallows on Monday morning. I read every last page except for chapters 34 and 35 on Sunday evening. I couldn't control the tears and David had to take over.

Wow, what an amazing story. I'm still sort of overwhelmed by all of it, and my thoughts are somewhat scattered. I can't imagine those of you who started the series with the first book and had to wait all these years for the end. We were able to go from one book to the next.

One thought is clear. These books are very good, and I have no problem reading them to my children, to myself, or letting them re-read them. I think Ms. Rowling has done a superb job of giving a series of books to children and adults that help them grow into better people. There are many examples of how decisions affect outcome and how some learn from mistakes, others take longer to learn, and others never learn.

Forgiveness, Love, and Sacrifice. "All was well."

No comments: