Thursday, June 28, 2007

Father's Day

We spent Father's Day at my mom's in IN while on vacation. My own father was given the crown of life 7 years ago, but I was able to join him briefly with all the host of heaven while I was fed the very body and blood of my Lord Jesus Christ on this side of heaven, in the same church he brought me to faithfully each Sunday of my life I lived under his roof. I look forward to the day I will join him in the Feast that has no end.

Once back at my mom's after church and Bible Class, my mom made David's and Nathan's favorite brunch: biscuits and sausage gravy. Then the children were ready to shower Dad with presents. They had made him stationery for his office. What cute pieces of paper they cut in a uniform shape and then decorated the edges in various ways. Some had Viking colors and some said Go Twins, and others were simply various treasures glued on the edges.

Then David opened the gift from me and the kids:Home Improvement has always been one of his favorite shows and now we can enjoy the episodes of the 1st and 2nd seasons again and again and again.

No comments: