Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Silver Lining




A silver lining that came out of Abby's hole-in-the-head (of which you can see the pictures of the stitches) is that we took the plunge and upgraded our cell phone. No longer will we only have one - David did NOT like the fact that he could not reach me during those panicky minutes which turned into an hour upon hearing the message of us heading to the ER - we now will have two! No longer are we with T-Mobile which has given us horrible coverage in our area - we now are part of the "network."

Thanks to my sis, who works for Verizon, she could answer all our questions (and any more that will come up when we start using our new phones) and set us up with a plan and phones that would work for us. Woo- Hoo! I now can call my mom and many of my siblings for "free." And we even splurged and got the headset, so I can walk around and talk, hands free. Another Woo-Hoo!

David said I'll be lethal - never wanting to get off the phone with my mom or even my dear friend Amy (whom I never seem to run out of things to talk about with her). I don't think I'll be *that* bad. I mean, I know I have other responsibilities - like cooking, and cleaning and school to teach, and emails to read, and blogs to read and write. But I know there will be days when all I'll want to do is talk and I can't wait to try out my new "toy." :-)

No comments: