Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas

We'll be getting the last things done today to prepare for our Christmas celebration. I will need to make another batch of buns for Monday's dinner with extended family and make a batch of crescent roll dough for our little family's Sunday dinner. Then there is the cleaning and laundry which the kids help with (not always willingly, but they do a pretty decent job). I also have to help the three littlest wrap their gifts for their sibling. We did an exchange between them this year. They found it great fun.

Dh will be busy preparing for the many services in the next two days. It is nice that as the years of experience increase, the pressure/panic decreases. Not that there still isn't any, but it has definietely decreased since those first years.

My family's Christmas is this afternoon, but I will only be there in thought as they are states away. It is the first year for mom to be back "home." I think all those living around there are quite glad to have her back. I'm sure she is busy baking the crescent rolls and the various other dishes right now, loving every little minute of it even if she is tired and feeling grouchy. I don't think she would have it any other way.

Merry Christmas to all! I can't wait to sing all those lovely hymns and be able to worship 4 times in the next two days. God Bless all of you!

No comments: